August 6, 2011

Paneer Coriander Poori



I got the Paneer Poori recipe from a cookery show. I have modified a bit according the ingredients available at home. The original recipe used only Maida (All purpose flour) and Corn flour. I didn't want to use Maida(All purpose flour) alone. So tried a combination of Wheat/Maida/Corn flour. I have replaced Mint and chilly powder(from the original recipe) with Coriander and Chilly flakes(as there was no chilly powder at home). After making the Poori I realised that I could have added some more grated Paneer. So use the ingredients according to your taste. But the Poori was awesome with the fresh smell of coriander.

Ingredients
Wheat flour - 1 cup
All purpose flour (Maida)- 1/4 of the same cup used to measure Wheat flour
Corn flour - 2 tablespoons
Grated Paneer- 1 cup(approx. 100 gms)
Chilly flakes or Chilly powder - I used 2 teaspoons(again use it according to your family needs. This can even be substituted with green chilly paste or chopped green chillies)
Fresh coriander - 1 cup(I think you can substitute Coriander with any greens - spinach/mint/methi/kasuri methi.)
Cooking oil - 2 tablespoons
Salt to taste

Oil for deep frying
 Procedure
1.Mix everything in a wide mouthed bowl. Knead the dough carefully. Don't add more water in the beginning itself. Add water little by little. Unlike Chappathi/Roti, the dough should be little stiff. For the Puri to puff up, moisture content should be very less.

 3. Take small gooseberry sized balls. Roll it into small round shaped Pooris. First you make all the pooris and spread it on a newspaper. Then start frying one by one. If possible avoid using flour for dusting. Oil will become really black if you use lot of flour for dusting. Also Pooris will become hard and will not puff up.
 4. If you have cookie cutters, make different shapes. I didn't have any. So I used a bottle cap.
5. Deep fry and serve. I have prepared a simple dhal. I Just pressure cooked moong dhal with tomato and green chilly. Fried onion and seasoned it along with mustard and curry leaves. In the end a few drops of lemon to give a tangy taste.

1 comment:

  1. Prepared this for my guests this morning. Came out tasty and nice. They were impressed ;-) Thanks to you Gayathri.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...